Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Mute Notifications Except for Calls from Favourite Contacts During the Night in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop

If you're like me, I really don't like to be disturbed with notifications when I'm sleeping at night except for calls from those who are listed in my favourite list. Fortunately, after updating my Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, I get a new feature named Do not disturb mode which will let me to set my phone to mute other notifications and only ring when I receive calls from my favourite contacts. I can even set a schedule for this feature so that it'll automatically turn on and off at the scheduled time.


How to mute notifications except for calls from favourite contacts during the night?
As the example, we'll try using the Do not disturb feature to only allow notifications for incoming calls from favourite contacts between 9pm to 6am every day by using the following steps:
  1. On any screen, swipe down the top of the screen to open up the notifications panel and then tap at the top right to go to the settings menu.
  2. With the settings menu is displayed in grid view, scroll down to the Sound and display section and then tap Sounds and notifications .
  3. Scroll the screen to the very bottom.
  4. Tap Do not disturb.
  5. If Do not disturb is off, tap the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
  6. Set exceptions:
    • Tap Allow exceptions.
    • If Allow exceptions is off, tap the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
    • Check the box next to Calls to set it as exception.
    • Tap Calls and/or messages from and then select Favourite contacts only.
  7. Set a schedule:
    • Check the box next to Set schedule to enable this option.
    • Tap Days and then select all days within a week and then tap Done button.
    • Tap Start time and then set it to 09:00 pm or 21:00 (if you use 24-hour format) and then tap OK button.
    • Tap End time and then set it to 06:00 am and then tap OK button.
  8. Now, your phone will mute other notifications and only ring when you have incoming calls from your favourite contacts between 9pm and 6am every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)